Heavy Equipment Operation and Training
- Heavy Equipment Operators must be trained and authorized by an Odin Supervisor for each specific type of equipment they will operate. Records must be on file in HCSSTM.
- Operators must inspect their assigned equipment prior to use each shift. Pre-shift inspections will be documented on the designated form and submitted to the PM team everyday.
- Operators must ensure their assigned equipment is in safe working condition. Never operate equipment with broken or missing safety devices or any component that would jeopardize safety.
- Operators must report all damages and mechanical issues to their Supervisor as soon as practical but not later than end of shift.
- All equipment must be operated within the manufacturer specifications without exceeding capacities and load limits.
- Seatbelts must be fastened at all times when equipment and vehicles are in motion.
- Adjust seating as necessary to avoid hard impacts to the body from bouncing and jarring during equipment movement. Consider donning a lumbar brace during extended operations.
- No one is permitted to ride on any component of mobile equipment (including the back of pickup trucks) unless seated in a designated passenger seat equipped with a safety belt.
- Operators are prohibited from using any distracting devices (wireless telephones, texting, music players, video players, etc.) except for 2-way radios provided and approved by Odin for tactical communication between the site Supervisor, other Operators and site workers.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside or aboard mobile equipment.
- Smoking is also strictly prohibited while fueling equipment & within 50-feet of all fueling areas.